Skip to main content

In This Volume

Resort Associations Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 320

The Act authorizes the minister to establish resort areas and associations within municipalities or regional districts for the purpose of developing, operating, and maintaining resorts. An association may levy assessments under its bylaws against owners of resort land. The association may issue a certificate showing the amount owing where an owner is in default in payment.

  • Assessment with Respect to Crown Leases and Unregistered Rights of Way on Resort Land: Certificate may be filed with the Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture and Sport.
  • Assessment with Respect to Registered Rights of Way on Resort Land: Certificate may be filed in the land title office in the same manner as a charge is registered.
  • Effect of Registration: Certificate, once filed or registered, has priority over other liens or charges except those created under the Builders Lien Act, S.B.C. 1997, c. 45 or those of the Crown, other than mortgages in favour of the Crown.
  • Electronic Submissions: On the Form 17 Charge, Notation or Filing, select Nature of Interest, Certificate of Levy, and attach an image of the originally signed Certificate of Levy.