Skip to main content

In This Volume

114 (1) If there is a dispute over whether an owner or tenant owes money to the strata corporation, the owner or tenant may pay the disputed amount

  • (a) into court if court proceedings have been started and the Supreme Court Civil Rules allow payment into court, or
  • (b) to the strata corporation to hold in trust if
    • (i) the matter has been referred to arbitration,
    • (ii) an initiating notice has been given under section 6 of the Civil Resolution Tribunal Act, or
    • (iii) court proceedings have been started.
  • (2) On receipt of an amount under subsection (1)(b), the strata corporation holds the money and any interest on the money in trust for the parties to the dispute until the dispute is resolved.
  • (3) After the dispute is resolved, the strata corporation must pay the amount to the party entitled to it as set out in the decision of the arbitrator, the civil resolution tribunal or the court.

1998-43-114, effective July 1, 2000 (B.C. Reg. 43/2000); 2010-6-97, effective July 1, 2010; 2012-25-98, effective July 13, 2016 (B.C. Reg. 171/2016); 2015-16-46, effective July 13, 2016 (B.C. Reg. 171/2016).