Skip to main content

In This Volume

  • 6 This Act ceases to apply when the spouses have
  • (a) separated, and
  • (b) resolved the ownership or division of the homestead by an agreement or order made under the Family Law Act,

2011-25-392, effective March 18, 2013 (B.C. Reg. 131/2012).


Evidence of Separation or Resolution under the Family Law Act

The registrar requires as evidence of separation or resolution under the Family Law Act, either a court order or an agreement signed by both parties.

Application for Cancellation of Entry


On the Form 17 Cancellation of Charge, Notation or Filing, select Nature of Interest, Land (Spouse Protection) Act Charge, and attach an image of the separation agreement or a court certified copy of the court order. A Form D (Application for Cancellation of an Entry), found in the Forms Regulation, B.C. Reg. 85/97 under the Land (Spouse Protection) Act, may also be attached in support; this form is displayed at “9 Presumption of consent from participation in sale” in this chapter.


See Di Castri, Registration of Title to Land, vol. 1, para. 321.