Skip to main content

42 Agreements Respecting Compensation For Extraordinary Traffic

In This Volume

42 If a municipal bylaw regulates or prohibits extraordinary traffic on a highway other than an arterial highway, the council may enter into an agreement with a person who is subject to the bylaw that provides

  • (a) for the payment of reasonable compensation to the municipality for the damage to the highway or the resulting expense to the municipality that may be caused by the extraordinary traffic, and
  • (b) that, so long as the person is in compliance with the agreement, the person is not subject to the bylaw, or specified provisions of the bylaw, in relation to that traffic.

2003-26-42, effective January 1, 2004 (B.C. Reg. 423/2003).