Skip to main content

Claim Of Lien—Builders Lien Forms Regulation, Form 5

In This Volume

A claim of lien must be in this prescribed Form 5 of the Builders Lien Forms Regulation (B.C. Reg. 1/98). This claim of lien with the appropriate fee is filed in the appropriate land title office. The land title office requires a filing letter stating that a claim of lien is enclosed. Note that a Claim of Lien must be filed electronically, unless the lien claimant chooses to file a paper version at the land title office either in person or by mail. Detailed instructions on how to complete the electronic Claim of Lien Form are included in the Land Title Electronic Forms Guidebook. The electronic form template in PDF may be downloaded from the Land Title and Survey Authority website at